Learn more about corporate events, why they are important, how to plan and organize them, and get tips on how to make corporate events fun!
Did you know that burnout is on the rise? In fact, a recent study found that 61% of employees are feeling burned out at work. And here at Cadence, we think a well-planned event can help change that! 💃
But corporate event planning is hard. With unclear budgets and expectations, you can imagine why corporate events have been relegated to a Zoom happy hour on Fridays. We're here to take it up a notch! Keep reading for how to plan, host, and organize a corporate event.
What is a corporate event?
To put it simply, a corporate event is any gathering or social activity organized or funded by a business or organization. There can be corporate events for education purposes, culture building, rewarding successes, and more.
Why Corporate Events Are Important
Corporate events are important, because they’re the most effective way to serve many different functions of an organization at one time. Let’s say to kill many birds with just one stone!
First and foremost, it’s an efficient way to delivery strategy and education to your team. A common corporate event is at the start of the year, so companies can refocus on any specific goals or gameplans for what’s to come. The time spent aligning at a corporate event will be invaluable. Additionally, this a great time to focus on employee development and growth. Investing in your employees is what can ensure longevity. And lastly, building and improving company culture is massive. Happy employees = good work!
How to Plan & Organize a Corporate Event
If you’re taking the time, money, and effort to pull this off, then let’s make sure we have a clear plan on what you’re looking to accomplish. Start with these questions:
What are your goals? Are they clear & measurable?
What does success look like to you?
What’s the story? What do you want people to remember?
How do you want the event to feel?
Once you have the answers to these questions solidified, the steps to planning and organizing become more clear. As you make decisions throughout the process, always defer back to those answers. But let’s jump into some steps you shouldn’t miss:
Confirm your budget & intended audience size
Establish a timeline with deadlines to keep you on track
Set a location that fits your needs
Do your best to anticipate the day-of logistics and plan accordingly
Promote your event to your audience
Implement the right event technology to make your life easier
But remember -- even if you plan perfectly, things can always come up. Do your best to be flexible when problems arise!
How to Host a Corporate Event
You’ve done all the planning, and now the day is soon approaching! That’s where hosting comes in, and that’s where your event technology platform can really be put to good use. Here are some tips for maximizing your technology for hosting a corporate event:
Preschedule Your Communications
- For example, if you know that at 2pm your audience will have to switch from conference room A to B, have the notification prescheduled in your app. This way you can be a good host on the day and be there to answer questions in-person as they arise.
Engage Your Audience via the Live Feed
- Send them polls throughout the event, encourage their feedback, and give them the ability to share what they’re doing/how they’re feeling.
Reinforce Messaging & Activities
- Be sure to include all relevant information of what’s to expect before each activity, then send follow ups in your technology platform, so that people can really understand and review the information that was covered.
Acknowledge & Appreciate Your Audience
- They’ve taken time to be there, so make sure you send them some love!
How To Make Corporate Events Fun
All this is great, but it wouldn’t be a good corporate event if there wasn’t some fun involved! Here are a few ways to make your corporate event more fun:
Think outside the box for the venue
- Sure, you can sit in a conference room all day and listen to speakers. But that really sounds like a snooze! Try to think of different, unique locations that may excite your audience. For example, the zoo or at a local sports arena!
Incorporate not-boring breaks
- Everyone needs a break, but instead of a boring lunch, why not kick it up a notch? Host a meditation/stretching class or have a magician come in to break up the day.
End the day with a curated experience
- End with a bang! For example, instead of the typical old cocktail hour, have a mixologist come in and teach people how to make the cocktails themselves.
Swag bags so they never forget
- Give people some mementos to take home from the event. Whether it be company swag, useful products, or really anything – people will appreciate it!
Ready to start planning your corporate event?
Get started with the best corporate events platform today!
Cadence can help you create a successful corporate event that will save you time, energy, and money all while giving your event attendees an unparalleled event experience. Request a demo with one of our team members to get started.