Looking to enhance your brand’s impact in your industry, but don’t know where to start?
Keneisha Williams, founder of Black in Events Network, is here to help!
Keneisha joined us for the Cadence Collective to share her advice on how to get your audience feeling connected to your brand, and how responsibly showing up for the world with an effective DEI strategy will put humanness first.
Enjoy the whole session video above, or read below for some of the highlights from Keneisha’s presentation:
Know Your Story and Share it with a Good Bio
- Knowing your story and where your unique value lies is the first step to having a brand that people will be able to connect with.
Keneisha recommends doing a “Bio Brain Dump” to get the wheels turning!
- A “Brain Dump” is where you grab a pen and a piece of paper, and just write down everything you’ve done.
I like to work backwards, which helps and usually I use the latest gig that I did that's on my resume, and really dissect every single thing that I did. That helps a lot, and learning about the stuff that you did, and sometimes you need to even impress yourself and amaze yourself when you do this activity.
Keneisha also recommends to ask yourself some important questions to keep the ball rolling.
- What are your goals?
- What have you accomplished?
- What’s important to you?
- What are you trying to do in the next two to five years?
- Once you’ve dumped all this great information about yourself, you can format it into a thoughtful and engaging bio that will communicate your brand and value to those who want to learn more.
Create Your Own Case Studies
- After you’ve written your bio and you see all of the amazing industry experience you have, don’t stop there!
- Keneisha recommends scanning your bio for potential case studies about your experiences and sharing them on your socials! Some of your audience members will likely be experiencing similar situations and would love some informed guidance and advice.
Show Up and Make a Difference
- Keneisha encourages you to step outside of your brand and think about how you show up for the world.
It's amazing when you actually think about how many people we’re actually connected to. And the more we start to use our voices, the more we start to roll the most, or to create change around us.
- As thought leaders with followings, it is a responsibility to give voice to the voiceless and effect change where you can. Doing your research, organizing your community, sharing resources and holding yourself and your audience members accountable is the best way to put humanness first, and have a lasting impact on not only your followers, but the world.
Watch the full video for more tips on how to keep developing your personal brand in socially responsible and conscientious ways to keep making waves in your community. Keneisha also does coaching and consulting for individuals looking to keep elevating their brands, so check out her site to learn more.
Love the look of the session’s video? Explore what Cadence and its partners can do for your event’s branding and flow, and book a demo today!